Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Chris Lupton Fitness & Wellbeing Ltd, companies house number 09347751, registered business address 44 Farfield avenue, Knaresborough, HG5 8HB, UK, Trading as innovate fitness & wellbeing
The controller for personal data is Chris Lupton, of the same address as the registered business.
- Information we collect from you
- IP Address and Cookies
- Where we store your personal information
- Uses made of the information
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- Access to Information
- How to Contact Us
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information for marketing & communication purposes based on legitimate interest & consent, provided from forms filled out on out site, or those of 3rd party sites we use including:
- Information based on financial and/or contractual agreements, provided to us directly from you to us, or via 3rd party sites, including:
- Information based on general correspondence and consent given to us by you, for marketing, promotional, general record keeping, when the collection and process of personal data is deemed relevant to the business.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP Address and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To send relevant digital content relevant to your expressed interests and activity on our site
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) specifically the 3rd party companies mentioned in section 1.
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers specifically the 3rd party companies mentioned in section 1.
Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored in the cloud with 3rd party cloud-based computing companies using encrypted SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To promote our products and services for marketing purposes, only when we have informed consent.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our team.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Chris Lupton Fitness & Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our data privacy controller at the address set out at the top of this policy
7. Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10. How to Contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information (including to request access to or correction of your personal information or to make a privacy complaint), please contact our data privacy controller at:
Chris Lupton Fitness & Wellbeing Limited
Attention: Chris Lupton
44 Farfield Avenue